Monday, October 8, 2007

Hiking !!!

I am glad that we had a long weekend this time because I needed it so badly, I felt torn and really tired. So these holidays gave me an opportunity to rest, I must admit I didn't study hard, just a little, but it was important for me to save some energy for the next week. The most exciting thing that I did was yesterday, I went hiking with my friends to the Grotto Creek trail. I just loved it, especially when it was not too hard and not too easy trail. My previous hike was kind of tough and I couldn't move for 2 days, but this time it was exactly what I needed. We were 5 people ( if you run into a bear this is a perfect number to scare the animal), and we walked along the long narrow channel ( between canyon walls) stepping on rocks most of the time. The view around was so beautiful. At the finish of the trail there is a cave on the hill where, I guess, native people lived, and also some of the walls in this canyon are carved with different drawings. So, it is important historic place. In spite of the very windy weather it was shiny and warm enough. Anyway, hiking is a good exercise for everybody as well as a possibility to get away from the polluted city and to breathe some fresh air. Also, you are moving constantly making your muscles work and stimulate your blood circulation. I always feel great after these little trips ( ok, may be one time I felt like a dead person because of the really slanting trail). After we finished hiking we visited Canmore, which reminded me Banff, also a very charming small town. I am glad that the perfect weather of the Saturday allowed me to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Allen said...

Your weekend sounds really interesting, but for me, hiking could only make me more tired.haha

By the way, I am worse than you because I didn't study at all :)