Friday, October 5, 2007

Parasailing is almost like Parachuting!


This week I didn't have much time to write mostly because it was kind of busy week, lots of homework, especially writing an essay. Also, I didn't have inspiration to write because I felt really tired all the time and couldn't find any topic to write about. Today was the most difficult day in which we had 2 tests and a mini-presentation. Grammar quiz was quite OK, but reading was little bit challenging ( I couldn't concentrate for a few minutes), and finally the presentation.... It was short one, each of us should have spoken not more than 4 minutes about some thrill seeking adventure or daredevils. It was interesting and I got a lot of interesting information about danger, extreme sports as well as a few personal stories. At first, I thought that I am going to present about some famous daredevil or the most traumatic sport ( which is surprisingly considered to be the basketball according to US statistics), but I changed my mind and decided to share my personal experience in "extreme" sport - parasailing. This type of sport is very popular and I think many people are familiar with it. It's when you are attached ( along with the parachute) to a speeding boat with a long rope and when the boat drives off you are carried up into the air. Isn't it cool? You feel like a bird flying above the sea. So you enjoy the flight and a spectacular !!!! view around, it is so beautiful. Also, a person who is in charge of the boat is controlling the height of your flight, so you can go up and down, you may even touch the water or go up really high and almost "touch the sky". This sport made me desire to try a real parachuting, but as I wrote before I don't have courage for it. Parasailing in contrast to skydiving is not scary at all, and the fact that you are actually above the water gives you sort of protection, in other words you feel more secure, because you don't have to land as in a real parachuting. So, if you will get an opportunity to try this kind of sport, you will enjoy it for sure. As I said in the class, a few months ago 87 years-old man from India took a parasailing flight and made a world record. So, it is safe and really exciting activity! Try it and you defenitely won't regret it !

6 comments:

maja said...

So when are we going parasailing? It really sounds like a lot of fun! But I guess Calgary isn't the place to do parasailing - maybe we'll have to go to San Francisco then! Shall we break our rule, and skip classes next week, and enjoy ourselves parasailing in California? What do you think?

Scott Douglas said...

wow, I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to go parasailing. I guess I'm not the daring type :-)

闷骚小跑 said...

that's made me scared....
i real l l l y want to go parasailing...do you believe me...

Anonymous said...

I havе to thаnk you for the efforts you've put in writing this site. I am hoping to check out the same high-grade content by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own blog now ;)

my blog :: buy ephedra hcl

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sacssolde.webnode.fr]porte monnaie longchamp[/url] 锘縞adeaux pour les hommes sac 脿 main longchamp ou les femmes pour toutes les occasions, vous pouvez visiter Majorbrands.There vous obtiendrez d'excellents cadeaux que vous pouvez imaginer pour les personnes get.So, en particulier, les jeunes comme pour attraper le dernier mode imm茅diatement, comme et quand ils arrivent.3 sacs longchamp en solde.Nous avons beaucoup de noms pour elle mais le but ultime est cartable longchamp de passer une couple de mille dollars et obtenir la meilleure collection.Consid茅ration doit 锚tre donn茅e 脿 l'aspect et la convivialit茅 du produit afin de s'assurer que la chaussure est en mesure de transmettre le message global ou le style de la chor茅graphie mais 锚tre capable de pr茅venir les blessures est probablemen. [url=http://sneakersonline.webs.com]sneakersonline.webs.com[/url]

[url=http://sacsonline4u.webnode.fr]sac longchamp[/url] 锘縟roit pour 锚tre efficace sac longchamp lm.Alors, que lorsque vous 锚tes engag茅 pour la mod茅lisation de l'Inde, vous devriez aller de l'avant, avec tout courage et de d茅termination.Ces robes sont faites pour d茅velopper votre corps, de sorte que votre propre taille devrait 锚tre un bon moyen pour commencer sac longchamp.Faire un ourlet lamin茅 脿 petit, comme sur une 茅charpe pure peut 锚tre accompli en utilisant l'茅troit (lamin茅) pied 脿 coudre ourlet.En 2007, sa maison fait des vid茅os a fini par 锚tre post茅 sur You Tube o霉 ils compt茅s des quantit茅s sac longchamp discount 茅tonnamment importantes visualisations de pages Internet dans les millions.Garder le contexte 茅conomique actuel 脿 l'esprit, les gens n'aiment pas trop d茅penser sur un a.
[url=http://onlinesneakers.webnode.fr]isabel marant sneakers[/url]DG
[url=http://lvhandbagstore.blinkweb.com]louis vuitton handbags[/url] ?ns will louis vuitton purses be a perfect finishing touch to your casual everyday look.Other than improper jogging kind, the absence of suitable running footwear can result in lots of unfortunate things like blisters, bone breakage, or shin splits.However, he had to close it when his family louis vuitton monogram canvas business began to suffer losses and started working with Robert Piguet as a primary designer.A hogan that can absorb shock is needed by those with high arches.Adding these points to your search will aid the search engines to find the best match to suit your needs.You can try different patterns, louis vuitton hat heights, parent and not patent styles.Finn Comfort Stanford
[url=http://sneakersonline.webs.com]sneakersonline.webs.com[/url]


[url=http://musicboxv2.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=17056]sacsonline4u.webnode.fr/Sf1[/url]
[url=http://mileycyruscolombia.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=50393]sacsonline4u.webnode.fr/Se7[/url]
[url=http://cdp.zergipio.cl/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=598578]sacssolde.webnode.fr/Qp6[/url]

Anonymous said...

This site was... how ԁo I ѕay it? Relevаnt!
! Finаlly I've found something that helped me. Cheers!

My blog post; ephedrine hcl