Friday, November 23, 2007

Two weeks left..........

I can't believe it, only 2 weeks left until the finals... It sounds surreal to me because it seems that we just started this semester a few weeks ago, so to say that 3 months are almost over - kind of unbelievable for me. I thought it will be like forever in the beginning, I got used to go to the classes every day. Just imagine, in 2 months from now it is going to be totally different, we are going to study along with the native speakers ( hopefully all of us will pass this level). I feel scary and excited at the same time. I wonder what do you feel? Probably, we'll have more homework than we have now and it will be much harder because we will have to deal with so many things. We obtained our language skills in order to understand lectures and absorb information in our future studying. In fact, we learned so many useful things, so many strategies which I am sure will help us. I am really amazed by international students who just pass TOEFL and start studying without any preparation. There are so many rules we need to know as international students, I personally believe that if I had tried to go straight to my faculty, I would have probably failed everything. Now I feel more confident and know for sure that I will perform better. Also, I am amazed by the students who manage to study successfully and work many hours simultaneously. They deserve praise with no doubt. I have a great example - my sister. She is working full time ( sometimes even overtime), she has a child and a house to take care of, plus she is doing her Master Degree. I call her a super woman because I don't think I could do the same. I know there are many similar examples that show it is possible. I wonder what is the secret- strong mental or physical health? I know that sometimes there are cases that you don't choose, you just have to do it. Part time job I guess is OK, I had this experience before, I studied and worked, but I didn't have such intensive studying though. Hmmm, depends on many things, like how many responsibilities do you have? If you have too much, it is really hard to cope with all, only the strongest individuals can do that.

4 comments:

maja said...

I just wrote a blog on the same topic! However, I'm certainly not the type of multiple super worker you're discribing there. I simply couldn't, and I wonder how the quality of the single tasks is. My motto is 'work to live' and not 'live to work'.

Scott Douglas said...

I'm sure you are ready for university . . . don't worry!

Ghazal said...

ah, University is all about having fun and gathering experience. don't worry at all. You are a great student and you will be just fine.
Good Luck.

Bill said...

It is very interesting studying in Scott's class, but I am always worry about my final.I hope I can pass the exams.